Moist and delicious this recipe will be on speed dial as your go to banana bread. Enjoy it hot out of the oven with your fabourite topping at any time of day!
Makes: 1 standard sized loaf tin
2 large overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
80g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons Fertile Gut Microbiome Essentials
1 1/2 cups spelt flour or wholewheat flour or plain GF flour
3/4 cup sugar (can sub for healthier option of 3/4 cup coconut sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Optional: Extra banana for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees bake.
2. Line a standard sized loaf tin with parchment paper.
3. Combine the mashed bananas and butter in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the beaten egg and gently fold to combine.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and gently fold to combine.
6. Pour the dough into the loaf tin. (Optional) Slice a banana lengthways and arrange on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer is removed clean.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the loaf tin and place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.