Packed with the 'queen of antioxidants' the juicy Queen Garnet Plum, this dessert is an irresistable sweet treat. Delivering a high content of protective anthocyanins - those beautiful purple polyphenols - this won't last long out of the oven!
Plum Filling Ingredients
10 Queen Garnet Plums, stones removed and plums cut into thick wedges
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons Fertile Gut Microbiome Essentials
Crumble Topping Ingredients
75 g unsalted butter, chopped into small cubes and at room temperature
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup rolled oats (optional - for a bit of texture). You may replace this with a GF granola for a GF version.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Combine the plum ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour into a large baking dish. We used a large circle one.
3. Combine all of the crumble ingredients in another large mixing bowl using your fingers to crumble the butter into the other ingredients.
4. Sprinkle the crumble over the plum mixture and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the plums are soft.
5. Remove from the oven and allow the plum crumble to rest for 10 minutes. This will help the juices from the plums thicken slightly.
6. Serve with your choice of yoghurt or ice cream.
Consume within 3 days.